Empire State of Mind
Since I moved into NYU last Sunday, everything has been such a crazy whirlwind! I’ve barely had time to set up my Ethernet cable, which I finally got around to after six days of school. What have I been doing instead? Besides falling head over heels in love with the city (again and again and again…), I’ve been:
- Exploring the school and the city with my roommate Trisha. I know it’s tough for roomies to get along sometimes, but we totally clicked from day one!
- Dancing the night away, every night. (See also: dancing the skin on my feet away.)
- Sampling the city’s seemingly infinite supply of coffee shops. Currently, my favorite is The Bean on 12th & Broadway. (Do you have a favorite in Greenwich Village? If so, comment and let me know!)
- Browsing thrift shops, The Strand, and street fairs for hours.
- Spending days and nights in Washington Square Park. It’s beautiful!
- Enjoying donation-based vinyasa yoga at Yoga to the People.
Classes (and, therefore, reality) start Tuesday, so I’m planning on making the most of my last 36 hours of Welcome Week. Hurricane Irene and all, it’s been amazing so far and I can’t wait to see what comes next!